Buzz,

Glad someone pointed you to Jon's artical (I just could not find it).
Gives excellent tips on dealing with indicators (if you must... been a long
time for me).

Stu

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Jerry C. Adams <midrange@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jon's solution is better (Happy Birthday, Jon!). *IN(32) in a program
tells
me nothing. Named indicators, even if they take more lines of code, do
tell
me something (well, as long as the names are meaningful). We've already
discussed maintenance in this thread; naming indicators makes maintenance
easier.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
Nancy Astor: Winston, if I were your wife, I would put poison in your
coffee.
Winston Churchill: If I were your husband, I would drink it.
--
A&K Wholesale
Home Office: 615-832-2730