The Edit APIs might be worthwhile to implement the desired. An Edit Mask for each currency could be [generated outside of the reporting program and then stored and then] retrieved versus generated, and then call the Edit API to apply the appropriate mask to each value for the reporting.

Also consider avoiding the Currency Symbols\glyphs, using instead, a Currency Code; e.g. USD for U.S.A Dollar and GBP for United Kingdom Pound:
https://www.google.com/search?q=three+letter+currency+code+for+the+UK+pound

FWiW, might a column heading suffice to identify the currency of the numeric values in the column; e.g.?:

Price-USD
123.45

Price-GBP
678.90