I actually "did the math" and came up with that 90-95% of the programs you
have
on your system is legible to be produced rather than to be programmed - you
just
need a production line to do it, a couple of "robots" and a "start buttom"
;-)

Let me give you an example.

Many modern web systems uses CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) services
over a DB table. When you write a CRUD service/program there is a lot of
common
code and then the file specific code and then specialities.

The normal programmer would just copy this and replace the file specific
code,
maybe do some small specialities - but wait a minute - this is actually not
programming - this is most monkey/robot work besides the speciallities!

So why not have a template for the CRUD service, a robot that can read the
specs of the file and generate the code and a mechanism that can include
the
speciallities?

And why not store the information needed to generate a single CRUD service
in a file - so you are able to press one buttom and regenerate a whole set
of
CRUD services using a mix of a standard template, parameters in the file and
includes of specialities?

It is much more efficient than to have to go manual through 200-300 already
done
programs to include a new feature!

Delivering a CRUD survice is much the same as delivering a VW beatle - the
the technical foundation is the same, the colour can be chosen and extras
can be delivered ;-)