I have a multi-format logical file where each format is identical but
created over a a single physical counterpart in 10 different company
libraries. One physical in each library. One logical file where each
logical format references a different physical library/file.
My company standards require that any input function (read, chain, etc?)
be read into a qualified data structure. Similar to below
FIM0003 IF E K Disk
FDOCS01 IF E K Disk
FDWXC010M IF E K Disk

D DOCS00R_I DS Likerec(Docs00R)
Chain RIM0003_I.DocID Docs01 Docs00R_I;

My question is this: Is there a simple way to read the existing
multi-format logicals into a singularly named structure.
I have used code similar to this:
D RWXC010_I DS Qualified
D DWXC10 Likerec(RWXC010A)
OVERLAY(RWXC010_I)
D RWXC010B_I Likerec(RWXC010B)
OVERLAY(RWXC010_I)
D RWXC010C_I Likerec(RWXC010D)
OVERLAY(RWXC010_I)
Chain Key DWXC010M RWXC010_I;
This results in doubly qualified field names RWXC010_I.DWXC10.MyField
which is both cumberson and verbose.

I have used the INFDS to determine which format was read, and where a
unique data structure is set up for each format. This results in massive
selects with redundant code for each format.
Does anyone know of a solution that will result in a singly qualified
field name? (all coding is in /Free)
GB Evans
gevans@xxxxxxxxx