To: "'RPG programming on the IBM i / System i'" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Dennis Lovelady"
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 11/19/2010 02:43PM
Subject: RE: RPG SQL and Cursors

The problem with optimization is: concentrate on those parts, which are
responsable for the runtime of the application!!!!

The obvious caveat being: Once the things you concentrated on have been
improved and optimized, the things you overlooked in order to concentrate on
those things will be the new bottlenecks.  :)  Iterative processes have
their place and that place is not program / system development.

Performance tuning is holistic, and every piece is important or none of it
is.  You cannot get around it.

Dennis Lovelady

right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.