James,

Just an FYI for you and the archives...

But recent version of iSeries Navigator can upload the AFP resources
directly for you...
http://www4.infoprintsolutionscompany.com/help/topic/com.ibm.printers.afpproducts/com.ibm.printers.guidetooutput/c5pu3mst99.htm#managertransfer

Using AFP Manager to Upload and Compile an AFP Image

Follow these steps to transfer the AFP page segment or overlay to the
i5/OS and create it as an i5/OS object.

1. Double-click the iSeries(TM) Access icon.
2. Double-click the iSeries Navigator icon.
3. Open a connection to an i5/OS.
4. Expand AFP(TM) Manager then Resources.
5. Right-click the image resource type (Page Segments or Overlays)
and select Import.
6. Fill in the fields as appropriate. Source file is the name and
location of the resource on the workstation. Use Resource name and
Library to specify what to name the image resource on the i5/OS and
where to store it.
7. For help press F1 or click Help.
8. Click OK.

Charles

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 11:59 AM, James H. H. Lampert