This was asked to post this by someone who can't post to the list for some reason.

I had this happen to me a few weeks back. I replied to the RPG400-L Digest but got rejected.
The point is not the coding I believe it is what he is not showing.

<message: 5
<date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 12:44:32 +0200
<from: PEPITOVADECURT <pepitovadecurt@xxxxxxxxx>
<subject: Reset pointer PF file
<
<I read a PF file the first time and the read is ok.
<
<C SETOF 31
<C *IN31 DOWEQ'0'
<C READ O692TMP 31
<C 31 LEAVE
<C ..........................
<C ENDDO
<
<But when read the second time, nothing returns.
<Need to reset the pointer? How?
<Need to define and read LF using *LOVAL SETLL ...?

Do you do any other file I/O with O692TMP? If you access that file within your loop it will "reset" the record pointer to the last instance. The looping logic you have presented works. However, you left a big blank area in the middle of your code snippet.

I would have codded it:

C SETOF 31
C READ O692TMP 31
C *IN31 DOWEQ'0'