*PSSR and DUMP(A) will work -- but I personally avoid that scenario.

My problem with *PSSR is that it handles it's own errors. i.e. if an error occurs while *PSSR is running, the same *PSSR gets called again... it results in a mess.

I prefer to use MONITOR for that reason. Use MONITOR across your whole subprocedure, and put the DUMP(A) in the ON-ERROR section. I also find it helpful to have a QCMDEXC('DSPJOBLOG OUTPUT(*PRINT)': xx) in my ON-ERROR as well... (actually.. I usually find DSPJOBLOG more useful than DUMP -- I never really liked dumps...)

If you really want to be fancy, write a CL program that takes the dump & job log, creates an e-mail, and sends them to whomever is responsible for the program.

This works well because users are rarely able to give you useful information when a program crashes. (In fact, they often avoid calling you altogether, in my experience.) This way, you always get good error information.

Arthur Marino wrote:
I'm reading up on *pssr and dump(a) as we speak. Thanks, all.