From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alan Shore
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:50 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Cc: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i;
rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Using an Expression to control a FOR loop

Hi Arthur
Do you have Client Access?
You can send these types of files (as a CSV for example) to the AS/400
and
it will (to a certain extent) automatically define the field types for
you
for each and everyone of the files.
You may have to create an fdf file first, but I do this quite a few
times a
week

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Distribution
E:AShore@xxxxxxxxxxx
P:(631) 200-5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill