Are you using the QMHSNDPM API? If so, you can specify the location of
the program in the stack. This is how I have it prototyped:

// Send Program Message API
D SndPgmMsg PR ExtPgm('QMHSNDPM')
D MessageID 7a Const
D QualMsgF 20a Const
D MsgData 256a Const
D MsgDtaLen 10i 0 Const
D MsgType 10a Const
D CallStkEnt 4096a Const
D CallStkCnt 10i 0 Const
D MessageKey 4a Const
D ErrorCode LikeDS( APIErrorDS )
// Optional Parameter Group 1
D CallStkLen 10i 0 Const Options( *NoPass )
D CallStkQual 20a Const Options( *NoPass )
D ScrnWaitTime 10i 0 Const Options( *NoPass )

In this prototype I'm referring to the field CallStkCnt. It's been a
while since I've actually had to touch this API (since it's in a service
program) but if you play with that value you may find what you're
looking for.

Kurt Anderson
Application Developer
Highsmith