Phil Kestenbaum wrote:
I just ran a RPG program that in normal run it does not show some detail lines, in the output Printer format area, but when running
this in DEBUG, I see that it does touch these statements and does
indeed produce the correct result.

Is there anything that strikes you as to why this would happen?

Review for variables that are not initialized before being referenced. Presumably in this case, variables used either directly or indirectly, in the logic leading into the path to print the lines, and/or those used to determine if the lines will be printed.

OPM [non-ILE] program dynamic declarative [program automatic storage] memory allocation, while debug is active, is explicitly initialized. I am not sure about ILE programs. If a compiler does not ensure that the initialization of that memory occurs even when debug is not active, a difference may be seen between the cases of debug being active and without debug. The feature of a compiler which might set the behavior may be called /autoinit/ or /automatic initialization/. I am either unaware or do not recall if\what is available for RPG compilers with regard to auto init. Because what is in the memory locations for uninitialized program automatic storage can not be predicted [due to prior automatic storage use within the job], results for references to that storage can lead to unpredictable results; even if that unpredictable outcome is seeming to always function as expected.

Regards, Chuck