Hi, Scott

Should have stopped on your first note lol. The code path for a *PGM call will get you the exception. There was a bug along these lines a loooong time ago, but it has been corrected (perhaps as long as two years ago?).

Bruce

Scott Klement <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
...and in ILE CL, the parameter storage isn't reinitialized between
calls, is it? So you couldn't rely on the MCH3601 being generated each
time, unless *OMIT is passed from the CALL command, right?

I'm with Francis. Use a command front-end. Or, if it's REALLY
important that you use the CALL command, put an RPG front-end over your
CL program.

Scott Klement wrote:
Hi Bruce,

Wouldn't you still get a "Parameters passed on CALL do not match those
required." error when you tried to call this? Unless you used ILE CL,
that is?

Bruce Vining wrote:
Sure. But it does need to be a *PGM.

PGM PARM(&PARM1)
DCL VAR(&PARM1) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1)
DCL VAR(&TEST) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1)
CHGVAR VAR(&TEST) VALUE(&PARM1)
MONMSG MSGID(MCH3601) EXEC(DO)
RCVMSG MSGTYPE(*LAST)
SNDPGMMSG MSG('Not sent') TOPGMQ(*EXT)
RETURN
ENDDO
IF COND(&PARM1 = Y) +
THEN(SNDPGMMSG MSG('Sent') TOPGMQ(*EXT))
ELSE CMD(SNDPGMMSG MSG('Sent but no Y') +
TOPGMQ(*EXT))
ENDPGM

Bruce Vining