Consider making the "top-level" or "launcher" programs use a "named" actvation group, rather than *NEW. (This could be the same as the program name.) Then, you control when it is time to force a "clean-up" of each named activation group, e.g. by issuing RCLACTGRP ACTGRP(name) from a CL program, for example. Otherwise, either the new activation groups will get cleaned-up automatically, closing all files, etc., each time the user returns to the main menu, If they frequently go back to that main menu and then come back to the same options, this could result in lots of extra "overhead" closing and then re-opening all of the files used by each "sub-application" ... (do you really want to close the AG each time the user exits to the main menu? maybe, but maybe not?)

> Joe D wrote:
I am going to try setting the menu system's launcher program to us *NEW. Currently when you look at the open files, everything from the initial program to the last file are in the same Activation Group. By changing the launcher to *NEW I am expecting to see the initial program/menu stay in one Activation Group and each subsequent program call will get it's own group.

Makes sense now. Will see how it works when I make the change :)

Thanks!
JD