Doug

I was thinking along your lines, too. And you could really obfuscate (no, clarify) things by using a DS based on *IN to assign the indicator values automagically. And I think *INMR is a very understandable acronym, might not even need a long name for that one.

Based on a bit from Bryan Meyers that maps *IN - Scott K has similar technique using overlays - you pays your money - etc. - here is what yours could be:

D PtrIndicators S * Inz(%Addr(*In))
D Indicators DS Based(PtrIndicators)
D ReadingC 1 1N
D ReadingG 2 2N

Regards
Vern

At 10:33 AM 12/18/2007, you wrote:

Glenn,

As long as nobody else ever has to maintain this, good for you.
> The way it is now, it's unreadable.
> The next person would have to re-write this, wasting time to test and thus
> introducing the chance of creating a bug unnecessarily.

Like others, I too found it very easy to understand. But then I also coded
plenty of MR programs in a previous life. If I reformat Terri's program
like this, does it help?

-snip-

// Make readable versions of the indicators used by MR logic
ReadingC = *In01;
ReadingG = *IN02;
MatchExists = *InMR;

-snip-