From: GUY_HENZA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Joep Beckeringh

Actually it should be:

if not *inmr or
(*in02 and (file1data1 <> file2data1) or
(file1data2 <> file2data2) or
(file1data3 <> file2data3) or
(file1data4 <> file2data4));

The "if" statement doesn't look right to me. You're only comparing (and)
data1 to *in02, data 2, 3, 4 are ORed. Or am I missing something?

Yup, it needs one additional set of parentheses around the OR group, Guy. I
did that in my version. It looks like this:

if not *inmr or
(*in02 and ((file1data1 <> file2data1) or
(file1data2 <> file2data2) or
(file1data3 <> file2data3) or
(file1data4 <> file2data4)));

I think that's all the more reason to put all the comparison fields from
each file (if they're the same types and lengths) into a data structure for
that file and then compare the two data structures:

if (not *inmr) or (*in02 and (datads1 <> datads2)));

MUCH simpler.

Joe