I notice that wwMode is one byte in the RPG program while &Mode in the CL program is three bytes. This makes your program totally dependent on how the RPG program happens to use the two bytes following wwMode. If these two bytes happen to be blank (which would be by luck) then the compare would work. If they happen to not be blanks, then the compare will be unequal.

This parameter mismatch is a ticking time bomb where you are dependent on, among other things, exactly what level of compiler was used when compiling the RPG application.

balasubramanian.p.sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi All,

In the CL code, condition 'S' is working fine in all the environments. In
one of the server the condition is failing.

If the parameter passing between both the programs are mismatch, then it
should fail in the machines. Help needed why is it so?

Compiler will work funny sometimes? :)

* For setting the Env Variables
D wwEnvVar S 50A
D wwEnvVarVal S 256A
D wwMode S 1A
D version S 15A

// Set Environment Variable for QIBM_RPG_JAVA_PROPERTIES
if Errflg = *off;
wwEnvVar = 'QIBM_RPG_JAVA_PROPERTIES' ;
wwEnvVarVal = '-Djava.version='+%trim(AL(054))+';';
wwMode = 'S';
UtlEnvVar(wwEnvVar:wwEnvVarVal:wwMode);
endIf;

UtlEnvVar
PGM PARM(&EnvVar &Value &mode)

DCL &EnvVar *CHAR 50
DCL &Value *CHAR 256
DCL &mode *CHAR 3

IF (&mode = 'S') DO
ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(&EnvVar) +
VALUE(&Value) +
REPLACE(*YES)
ENDDO

IF (&mode = 'R') DO
RMVENVVAR ENVVAR(&EnvVar)
/* ENVVAR not defined... Ignore */
MONMSG CPFA981
ENDDO
ENDPGM

Regards
Balasubrmanian PS
Dream!!! is not what you see in sleep.... is the thing which does not let
you sleep