Hello all,
I am trying to create web service methods using the free axis web
service stub generators.

I have been able to generate the C stub source. I have been able to
compile the C stubs into objects in my library (in mikebnd binding
directory). I placed the required axis objects into the
qxmltools/qxmlbnd binding directory. I have created a test program to
only create the web service stub and destroy the stub (see code below).

H BNDDIR('MIKEBND':'QC2LE':'QXMLTOOLS/QXMLBND')
H OPTION(*NoDebugIO:*srcstmt)
H dftactgrp(*no)

D get_GatewaySoap_stub...
D PR 10i 0
ExtProc('get_GatewaySoap_stub')
D url * const Options(*string)

D destroy_GatewaySoap_stub...
D PR
ExtProc('destroy_GatewaySoap_stub')
D handle 10i 0 const

D phandle S 10i 0
D pUrl S 256 based(url)

/free
pUrl = 'https://phil.weston.com/phil/gateway.asmx';
pHandle = get_GatewaySoap_stub(pUrl);
destroy_GatewaySoap_stub(pHandle);
*inlr = *on;
/end-free

When I compile this test program I get the following error:

Definition not found for symbol '__memset'.

Detail:
Cause . . . . . : No definition was found for reference __memset in
*MODULE
object EODELE in library MIKELIB. The definition either does not exist
or is
not of the same data or procedure type as the reference.

Recovery . . . : Try the Create Program (CRTPGM) command again,
supplying
an object that contains a definition for symbol __memset.

From what I have seen, the __memset is a raw MI function that is not
compiled and there is no object to bind to. I do not get this error on
other MI functions (my guess because raw MI functions begin with __ and
many of these are being utilized in the c stubs)

Fyi - we are on v5r3

Does anyone have information on how to solve this problem?

Michael J. Fasnacht

Michael J. Fasnacht
Director of Data Communications
and iSeries Development