I've made those changes you've suggested. Thank you! Your document
helped me understand what I was doing.

I'm sorry for not being very descriptive with my problem, My brain was
mush from debugging and deciphering function key indicator codes.

In my screen program I'm using two subfiles. The first one gets
filled based on user input then reads through a file. Then I read
through the changed records (readc) and use a windowed screen to house
another subfile.

I'm attempting to capture either F3 or F12 events when each screen is
displayed, but it is not functioning the way that I thought I
understood it.

Here is a better snapshot of my code...

**(---------------------------------------------------------------------)**
C @GetOrd begsr

C Eval *in50 = *off

C Write SUBCTL
C eval RRN = 0
C Eval *in50 = *on

C shpkey SETLL(E) SHPL95
C shpkey READE(E) SHPL95

C DoW Not %EOF and RRN < MaxRcds

C movel PPPROD PITEM
C eval ORDR = PPDREF
C eval LINE = PPORLN
C eval SHPQTY = PPQTY5

C eval RRN = RRN + 1
C Write SUBREC

C shpkey READE(E) SHPL95
C If %EOF
C Eval *in87 = *on
C EndIf

C EndDo

C if RRN = 0
C movel '*No Records*'PITEM
C eval ORDR = 0
C eval LINE = 0
C eval SHPQTY = 0
C eval NUMBOX = 0
C eval RRN = RRN + 1
C Write SUBREC
C endif

C DoW F6Accept = *off
C and F3Exit = *off
C and F12Cancel = *off

C Write Footer
C ExFmt SUBCTL

C EndDo

C If F6Accept = *on
C Eval F6Accept = *off
C EXSR @ChkChg
C EndIf

C ENDsr

**(---------------------------------------------------------------------)**

C @ChkChg BEGSR
C Eval BoxQty = 0
C If F3Exit = *off
C and F12Cancel = *off

C Eval *in88 = *off
C readc SUBREC
C dow not %eof

C if NUMBOX > 1
C eval *in53 = *off
C Write MBCTL
C eval MBRRN = 0
C eval *in53 = *on
C Eval TotBox = NumBox

C DoW TotBox >= 1 and MBRRN < MaxRcds
C eval TotBox = TotBox - 1
C eval MBRRN = MBRRN + 1
C eval SAVRRN = MBRRN

C If TotBox = 0
C Eval *in88 = *on
C EndIf

C Write MBREC
C EndDo

C Eval F12Cancel = *off
C DoW F6Accept = *off
C and F3Exit = *off
C and F12Cancel = *off

C Write Footer2
C ExFmt MBCTL
C EndDo

C If F6Accept = *on
C Readc MBREC
C DoW not %eof
C EXSR @WrtWrkF
C Readc MBREC
C EndDo
C EndIf

C ElseIf NUMBOX = 1
C Eval SAVRRN = 1
C Eval BoxQty = ShpQty
C EXSR @WrtWrkF
C EndIf

C ReadC SUBREC
C EndDo

C EndIf

C If F12Cancel = *on
C Eval F12Cancel = *off
C Eval *in53 = *off
C Write MBCTL
C Exsr @GetOrd
C EndIf

C If F6Accept = *on
C Eval F6Accept = *off
C EXSR @PrepLbl
C EndIf

C ENDsr

In Debug when in the @ChkChg subroutine and I hit F12 after displaying
the second screen it does go back to the @GetOrd subroutine and the
F12Cancel indicator is *off, but the second it writes to SUBREC screen
the F12Cancel indicator gets turned back on.

Thank you all again for your time.