Hi Jeff

The DSPMOD(*DS3) keyword that you have on your subfile control is forcing
the subfile to be in 24x80 mode.  The error message you are getting is a
warning message referring to the OVERLAY keyword which is ignored if the
display mode changes.

Usually when I'm coding for *DS3 and *DS4 display sizes it is because I want
to make use of the larger 27x132 character screens and I code alternative
screen positions according to the mode.  For example:

 A                                      DSPSIZ(27 132 *DS4                 -

 A                                             24  80 *DS3)

 A                                      MSGLOC(27)

 A  *DS3                                MSGLOC(24)

 A                                      CA03(03 'Exit')

 A*******************************************************************
 A          R PROMPT                    OVERLAY

 A                                      VLDCMDKEY(25 'Valid command key for-

 A                                       Prompt')

 A*

 A            @TITLE        78A  O  1 28TEXT('List Active FG/SFG Items')

 A  *DS3                            1  2

Here *DS4 is the default mode and the screen title is displayed on line 1
position 28 with the message subfile being positioned on line 27.  If the
display doesn't handle 27x132 characters then the title will start at
position 2 on line 1 and the message subfile on line 24.

Hope it helps

Jonathan