From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 1:06 PM
To: 'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: RE: More on the Java call error

Good testing, Mike!

Okay, the next thing I would try would be to try to create the file from
outside of Java but after the profile swap.

You can try to create a file in a folder using EDTF, like this:

EDTF '/myfolder/myfile.txt'

Now, the assumption is that you WILL be able to do this signed on either
as profile TEST or TESTSWITCH, but not as profile SECTEST.  If that's
not the case, there are other issues.  But assuming this to be true, I
would then run your program as SECTEST and after it bombs (at which
point you say the user profile is now TESTSWITCH) then try to execute
the EDTF command.

If it doesn't work after changing to TESTSWITCH, then you know the
adopted *ALLOBJ doesn't do what you need.

Joe

From: Mike Silvers

Joe,

The reason I am swapping user profiles is because adopted authority
support for Java will not be supported in future releases.

I am sure the profile is being swapped.  The way I know this is
because I did not code the Java program to swap the user back after
the program has run.  I intentionally left this code out to test the
process.  Even when the program fails to run, the user profile is set
to the target profile after the error message is received.

User profile TESTSWITCH - *allobj - target of the Java program

Works:
user profile TEST - *allobj
Logon as TEST.
Call the RPG program from the command line.
Java constructor changes user profile to TESTSWITCH Java completes
with no errors On command line, the user is now TESTSWITCH

Does Not work:
User profile SECTEST - limited authorities Logon as SECTEST Call the
RPG program from the command line Java constructor changes user
profile to TESTSWITCH Java constructor errors on StringBuffer RPG
error ends in error On the command line, the user is now TESTSWITCH

So -- why?