Well, you can use array elements in the O-specs. Perhaps a phased disign
implementation of the qualified DS.

Why not simply remove the qualified and the based DS and create a
noncontagious array using OVERLAY? Like

    d Stats           ds
    d    Array                      44     DIM(2)
    d  Ord                          11  2 OVERLAY(array:1) inz(*zero)
    d  Lns                          11  2 OVERLAY(array:*NEXT)
inz(*zero)
    d  GSls                         11  2 OVERLAY(array:*NEXT)
inz(*zero)
    d  NSls                         11  2 OVERLAY(array:*NEXT)inz(*zero)

Then  reference the ord array element (without using a qualified name). If
the array is only used once in the programme, why qualify or base a DS on
such a DS array?

Just the way I would try to do it.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler