On 12/12/06, M. Lazarus <mlazarus@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Aaron,

 If you don't need to go down to the microsecond, sleep() works just
fine for whole seconds.

 -mark

I did not know about usleep( ).  Here is a proc I wrote that calls
down to the MI WAITTIME instruction with millisecond granularity. The
WAITTIME instruction itself  has a granularity of 16 microseconds.:

** --------------------- fWaitTime ---------------------------------
** use the _WAITTIME instruction to wait with millisecond granularity.
pfWaitTime        b                   export
dfWaitTime        pi
d InMilliSecs                   10i 0 value

d wt              ds                  likeds(mi_WaitTime_tp)

d ovrly           ds                  qualified
d int8                          20i 0
d ch2                            2a   overlay(int8:1)
d ch6                            6a   overlay(int8:3)
/free
     ovrly.int8  = ( InMilliSecs * 1000 ) / 16 ;
     wt.Wait     = ovrly.ch6 ;
     wt.Fill     = x'0000' ;
     wt.optns    = x'0000' ;
     wt.Rsv1     = x'000000000000' ;
     mi_WaitTime( wt ) ;
/end-free

** -------------------- mi_WaitTime_tp ------------
** to convert from milliseconds to wait time:
**     ( millisecs * 1000 ) / 16
** Wait           : units of 16 microseconds
dmi_WaitTime_tp   ds                  qualified
d Wait                           6a
d Fill                           2a
d Optns                          2a
d rsv1                           6a

** to convert from milliseconds to wait time:
**     ( millisecs * 1000 ) / 16
** Wait           : units of 16 microseconds
dmi_WaitTime      pr                  ExtProc('_WAITTIME')
d InTime                              likeds(mi_waitTime_tp)

-Steve