On 9/19/06, Eric Wolf <eric_a_wolf@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Steve,
I have tried everything that I can think of to resolve the problem.

>maybe CRTPGM was used to recreate the bombing programs after the
>SRVPGM was created with EXPORT(*ALL) and before it was created with
>the binding source.
After I recreated the service programs correctly with new signatures, I
recreated the programs using CRTRPGMOD and CRTPGM.

>start with the error message. If it is a signature violation, display
>the help text and find the name of the service program it is
>complaining about. You can use DSPPGM to see what signature the
>program is expecting for each SRVPGM it references.  And you can use
>DSPSRVPGM to see the signature of the service program. However the
>signatures got the way they are, they have to match.
It is not a signature violation - it is having a problem with some of the
modules - getting bad data.  For example, a module RTVCUSMAS is supposed to
get a record from the customer master record.

Once CRTPGM is done, the system uses an export number to link the
calling program and the actual procedure exported from the SRVPGM.
What this means is when PGM1 calls PROC_GetName in SRVPGM2 it actually
does a call to an export number instead of a procedure name. It uses
the export number of PROC_GetName in SRVPGM2 that existed when PGM1
was created. If you come along after the CRTPGM of PGM1 and recreate
the SRVPGM and cause the export number of PROC_GetName to be changed,
then all hell is going to break out. PGM1 will still be calling the
original export number of PROC_GetName but since the list of exports
was changed ( and the signature is hardcoded ) you will actually be
calling a completely different procedure in the SRVPGM.

This is a possible cause of your problem.

I think you need to assign a new signature in the binding source and
recreate the service program. Then CRTPGM all the programs - at least
the ones you know about.  That should eliminate these odd errors
because all the programs that call into the service program will now
be calling with the correct export number. The only errors that remain
should be signature violations. When you get those, follow the error
message text and CRTPGM the failing program.

-Steve