From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 8:48 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: Compiler directive

Your first example seems to follow the technique outlined by Tommy Holden
in
http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l/200608/msg00217.html

Your second example looks like a dearth of compiler directives.

I'd say there is a third technique.
 /If not defined (proc1)
 /define proc1
d  proc1          PR
d   piParm1                     10
 /Endif
 /If not defined (proc2)
 /define proc2
d  proc2          PR
d   piParm2                     10
 /Endif
 /If not defined (proc3)
 /define proc3
d  proc3          PR
d   piParm2                     10
 /Endif

The trick is that they work differently.  With a little understanding you
can appreciate all three.  Don't know as if I would mix the concepts in a
shop though.

Rob Berendt