You can view the service program signature in character form by pressing
F11 on the DSPSRVPGM screen.

Adam

"praveen gunda" <praveen.gunda@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/04/2006 12:05 PM
Please respond to

"RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Binding Source/Signatures

when we HardCode the signature in the Binding Source say for example as
"MY_SRV_PGM"

will we see this name when we do DSPSRVPGM?

I tried and it did not match.
Is there a way to convert  "MY_SRV_PGM" into the hexa decimal code that is
used as the signature ?

On 4/3/06, Bob Cozzi <cozzi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Eric,
>
> In practice, I use this technique:
>   STRPGMEXP  PGMLVL(*CURRENT) SIGNATURE('MYSRVPGM')
>      EXPORT....
>    /* Add new exports here */
>   ENDPGMEXP
>

> In my opinion, this is the only good/easy/simply way to do it. I know
> there are
> several different approaches, but if you code enough you realize there's
> difference between book learning and doing it.
>
> Having said this, if you already have a *CURRENT with *GEN set up, you
> only have
> two choices:
> 1) Change the SIGNATURE to a hard coded one (recommend using the service
> program
> name as the signature) and recompile the world, then use the new
technique
> (above) where you add new exports ONLY to the end of the EXPORT list.
> 2) Create a one-time *PRV signature with *GEN that is a copy of the
> existing
> *CURRENT signature. Then change the existing *CURRENT (not the *PRV
copy)
> to a
> hard coded signature.
>
> With option 1, you have to recompile the world once, but after that you
> just add
> new exports (i.e., subprocedure names) to the end of the export list.
You