Mike,

As others have mentioned, an SQL created table has a record format named
the same as the table.

Unless you have an SQL table name longer than 10 characters.  In which
case, the system generates a short system name for the table and uses
that for both the short system name and the record format name.

If you want more control,

Create table InvHstR

Rename table InvHstR to InvHst

Rename table InvHst to InventoryHistory

Gives you an SQL table named InventoryHistory with a short system name
of INVHST and a record format name of INVHSTR.

I don't usually bother with the record format name, unless I'm replacing
a DDS created file with an SQL table.

Create table InvHst
Rename table InvHst to InventoryHistory
Gives you an SQL table named InventoryHistory with a short system name
of INVHST and a record format name of INVHST.

Note that this:
Create table InventoryHistory
Rename table InventoryHistory to system name InvHst
Gives you an SQL table named InventoryHistory with a short system name
of INVHST and a record format name of INVENT0001.

HTH,
Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343