The way I do it is this: The halt only happens if you try to refer to a parameter not passed, So don't refer to it. :) I name my parameter field a unique name and never use it inside the program. I have a if/else/end that says

if  %parms = 1
eval workfield = parm1
else
eval workfield = *zeros
endif

then at LR time I might say
if %parms = 1
eval parm1 = workfield
endif

That way, if no parm is passed, the program still runs because field parm1 is never called out. Of course you don't need to limit it to one parm, but it does have to be in order. You can't skip any parms. If you use parm 4 then you must have parm 1, 2, &3.

James H H Lampert wrote:
Fellow geeks:

Is there a way to have a couple of optional parameters in an ILE RPG program?

--
JHHL