Barbara,

The problem comes in when I define fields in the /COPY prototypes using
the data structures in the /COPY member.  In the RPG program I call the
procedure using the fields from the data files as parameters.  The
program blows up because the field I am passing as a parameter doesn't
match the definition on the prototype.  To make it work I have to move
the contents of the files fields into the /COPY fields before the call.
If not for that, I wouldn't place data into the /COPY data structure
fields.

Rick