Thank you Joe. This is the DDS for the subfile pag.   I know the problem
is in the initial build bec. I debugged at that point and the records are
not correct.

   A          R SFL1                      SFL
      A*
      A  74                                  SFLNXTCHG
      A            OPTION         1A  B 10  3VALUES(' ' '2' '4' '5')
      A            BAACCT    R        O 10  7REFFLD(ZZF01/BAACCT *LIBL/M
      A            BAINVN    R        O 10 21REFFLD(ZZF01/BAINVN *LIBL/M
      A            BABOL     R        O 10 38REFFLD(ZZF01/BABOL  *LIBL/M
      A            BAPRO     R        O 10 56REFFLD(ZZF01/BAPRO  *LIBL/M
      A            BASTAT    R        O 10 74REFFLD(ZZF01/BASTAT *LIBL/M
 A          R SF1CTL                    SFLCTL(SFL1)
 A*
 A                                      CF06
 A                                      SFLSIZ(0013)
 A                                      SFLPAG(0012)
 A                                      ROLLUP
 A                                      OVERLAY
 A N32                                  SFLDSP
 A N31                                  SFLDSPCTL
 A  31                                  SFLCLR
 A  90                                  SFLEND(*MORE)
 A            RRN1           4S 0H      SFLRCDNBR
 A                                  9  7'ACCT#'
 A                                      DSPATR(HI)
 A                                  9 21'INVOICE'
 A                                      DSPATR(HI)
 A                                  9 37'BOL #  '
 A                                      DSPATR(HI)
 A                                  4  2'POSITION TO  . . . ACCT'
A            PACCT     R        B  4 30REFFLD(ZZLF01/BAACCT *LIBL/M
A                                      DSPATR(HI)
     A                                  9  2'OPT'

Here is some code I switched back to one file. I was trying to read one
and update another but it is the same basic code.

c*  Clear then build the initial subfile
C                   exsr      clrsf1
C                   exsr      sflbld
C*
C                   dou       cfkey = exit
C                   write     fkey1
C                   exfmt     sf1ctl
 * Process position to information entered by the user, then clear

C                   select
C                   when      (cfkey = enter) and (pacct <> *blanks)
C     *loval        setll     mllc1wa
C                   exsr      clrsf1
C                   exsr      sflbld
C                   clear                   pacct
c                   when      (cfkey = enter)
C                   exsr      prcsfl
 *
C                   when      (cfkey = rollup) and (not *in32)
C                   exsr      sflbld

C                   when      cfkey = cancel
C                   leave

C                   endsl
C                   enddo

C                   eval      *inlr = *on

C     clrsf1        begsr
 *
 * Clear relative record numbers and subfile
 *
C                   eval      rrn1 = *zero
C                   eval      lstrrn = *zero
C                   eval      *in31 = *on
C                   write     sf1ctl
C                   eval      *in31 = *off
C                   eval      *in32 = *off
C                   endsr

C     sflbld        begsr
 *
 * Make RRN1 = to the last relative record number of the subfile
 * so that the load process will correctly add records to the bot

 *
C                   eval      rrn1 = lstrrn
 *
 * Load the subfile with one page of data or until end-of-file
 *
C                   do        sflpag
C                   read      zzlc1wa                                90
C                   if        *in90
C                   leave
C                   endif
C                   eval      rrn1 = rrn1 + 1

C                   eval      option = *blank
C                   write     sfl1
C                   enddo
 * If no records are loaded to subfile, don't display it
 *
C                   if        rrn1 = *zero
C                   eval      *in32 = *on
C                   endif
 *
C                   eval      lstrrn = rrn1
 *
C                   endsr