Jon,

  The details......
  In the files we have only the amount fields (in the new situation 14 0) and
possibly the currency of the amount.
  If no currency is available it means that the 'Base Currency' is used (the
currency of the implementation wether that be USD(2 decimals), JPY(0 decimals),
BRD(3 decimals (Bahrein Dinar))).
  If available we pass the Currency into the Procedure (AMTCCY).
  This procedure will ask a procedure what the actual decimal positions are of
the currency involved.
  Based on this information the caracter representation is formatted.
  This is functioning as should.
  The problem that remains is the moment we do not want/can present the whole
field. This is happening all the time in mainly subfile programs due to limited
space.

  Kind regards,
  Eduard Sluis.

Jon Paris <Jon.Paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  >> As I understand correct I will not use the *VARSIZE and need at least
the extra line to get the result in the correct field.

>> Correct me if I'm wrong.

Eduard, I think we could provide a better answer if you could supply a bit
more information. In your note you mention that you are dealing with
editing a currency value. I don't have a copy of your original code handy,
but I don't recall seeing and reference to %DecPos in your code - so how are
you determining the number of decimals required etc?

Assuming that the fields to be converted are present in the program I would
expect to see the call to the utility function look something like this:

CallP ConvertToString( result: inputField: %Len(inputField): %DecPos
(inputField) )

Jon Paris
Partner400
www.Partner400.com