Hi Tommy,

Tommy Holden said:
<quote>
Can you post the snippet of code for the update sfl loop?
</quote>

Sorry Tommy, I'm back home now (I'm in the UK and it's 8:32pm) but I'll post
some code when I get to work in the morning.

Having said that, I can't imagine a line of RPG code that could/should be
able to corrupt a pointer within a display file object - especially while
simply issuing an update to a record in a subfile.

What I can say, is that the loop is a FOR loop which is enclosed within a
monitor block. This is within a subprocedure.

The loop is of the form:

monitor;

for idx = 1 to max;
  chain idx sfl1;
  if %found(FILE);

    // do some stuff...

    update sfl1;
  endif;

endfor;

on-error;
  // error trapping...
endmon;

When the "update sfl1" is encountered the program simply stays on that line.
At this point the call stack has two procedures (located in a service
program in QSYS) below this subprocedure (the last one is _QRNX_UPDATE, or
something similar) and that's where it stays until the call is manually
terminated. Meanwhile, something strange is happening to the display file
object which corrupts it and renders it unusable from that point onwards.
Any subsequent calls to the program fail when an attempt is made to
implicitly open the display file.

Cheers

Larry Ducie