I completed the program, and it runs in about two hours.  Thanks so
much Rich -- this again proves to me that most solutions can be found
on this system with effective use of the database.

Also thanks Scott.  I will probably try to make a version of this
program using memory, and possibly teraspace (when I figure out what
that is).

Also thanks Bob.  I have never used user indexes, but it sounds like
an interesting technology.