All:

Wow...such a response!  Whodathunkit?

Thanks to all...I appreciated all of the comments.  Now, let me respond
to a few...

- OVRDBF comments:  I haven't reviewed all of my source yet, but as I
indicated before, most are batch CLs, so I should have fewer
worries...either *CALLLVL or *JOB should work.  The main thing is being
aware of the issue (it has already bitten me enough times).  I have
fewer than 250 CLs to consider (plus any RPG programs that use it via
QCMDEXC).

- H-spec comments:  I'll have to give that some serious thought.  I do
use /copy (I am in remission from a previous phobic period), but haven't
used it for H-spec keywords.  I do use it for prototypes, data
structures (some using based(@) for reference purposes),
application-specific constants, so this may be another great way to make
use of copy books.

- other invalid op-codes:  I listed FREE, but DEBUG also is invalid.

- other commands to watch out for:  MONMSG (some messages have changed),
SNDPGMMSG (*PRV is handled differently), TRFCTL (not valid), PRTCMDUSG
(not valid), RTVCLSRC (not valid).

- keeping it simple (Jon Paris):  ordinarily I'd agree, but I don't want
to keep switching between OPM-CL & ILE-RPG.  The way my (home-grown)
change management tool works, I'll be creating programs in a named
activation group, so I think it is safer to convert all and deal with
the issues.  I feel comfortable doing that, but in another situation,
I'd completely agree with you.

If anyone else is interested, there is a Redbook titled "Moving to
Integrated Language Environment for RPG IV".  It can be found at:
        http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/gg244358.pdf
This is where I finally found the other op-code and the additional CL
commands to watch out for.

I'm also taking time to chop out some dead-wood in this system:
possibly 20% of the source members haven't been executed since they were
created...some as long ago as 1989!  (They must have been very important
programs.)  I know that I can't just delete based on last used date, but
it's a place to start looking.

Thanks again to all...feel free to continue the discussion.  I'll chime
in if I can add anything else useful.
Bruce Guetzkow
Information Services Director
United Credit Service, Inc.