From: "Haas, Matt" <Matt.Haas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "RPG-L (E-mail)" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 5:15 PM
Subject: CIPHER'n problem

> Here's the background on the problem I'm having:
>
> For an upcoming project, I need to store some encrypted data in a cookie
which has me looking at using the CIPHER MI instruction to do this. I
started by looking at a few examples that do an MD5 hash (which doesn't work
for me since I need to decrypt it) and, of course, Scott Klement's RC4
example. I did a little bit of research into using RC4 and it looks like
it's easy to make implementation mistakes that reduce it's security so I'm
wanting to use something better (or at least not as easy to screw up),
specifically, I want to use AES.

> I spent a little bit of time working on this today but I'm getting this
error when I run my program: "Requested function not valid or is not
available on the machine.". To double check what's installed, I ran Scott's
program that lists the installed ciphers and 128 bit AES was listed. I know
the crypto providers are installed and we're on V5R1. Anyone have any ideas?