From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Lim Hock-Chai
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 11:36 AM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: overlay with *next

why is this getting compile error:
D formKeyDS       DS
D  CLBLNO                        7s 0
D  CLCUNO                        7s 0
D  CLSFNO                        3s 0
D  CLTIMESTAMP                  14s 0
D  CLFormDate                    8s 0 overlay(CLTimeStamp :1)
D  CLCY                          2s 0 overlay(CLTimeStamp :1)
D  CLYR                          2s 0 overlay(CLTimeStamp :*next)
D  CLMO                          2s 0 overlay(CLTimeStamp :*next)
D  CLDY                          2s 0 overlay(CLTimeStamp :*next)
D  CLHR                          2s 0 overlay(CLTimeStamp :*next)
D  CLMN                          2s 0 overlay(CLTimeStamp :*next)
D  CLSC                          2s 0 overlay(CLTimeStamp :*next)

But this is ok:
D formKeyDS       DS
D  CLBLNO                        7s 0
D  CLCUNO                        7s 0