Hi Frank,

[snip]
> Does anyone know why  the compiler thinks I need explicit
> authorisations to these service programs.
[snip]

The "compiler" (actually, the binder) doesn't think you need authorization
to these service programs -- if it did, the program creation would fail.

Most of the APIs provided by OS/400 do not require you to specify a
binding directory when you create a program.  The APIs are listed in a
binding directory that's implicitly included on your CRTPGM or CRTBNDRPG
command.   Some of the APIs in that binding directory require you to have
a very high level of authority because they perform functions such as
system configuration, password management, etc.

When an API -- or actually I should say, a service program that contains
an API -- is encountered that you can't bind to due to lack of
authority, you get those messages in the job log to let you know that
those service programs were NOT checked for any of the functions you
require.

So, it's nothing to be concerned about -- unless of course you DO need to
access the APIs in those service programs -- but if that's the case, you
program will fail to be created.

It would be nice if the error messages explained the situation a little
bit better -- sometimes I think IBM employs robots to write their text for
them.

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com