Rob,

Your exit point comment is true and yes, we do utilize
exit points.

As my post states, we, like others, use an owned program
model.

Most of the other functions you've outline require CMD line
access which we do not permit.  As the topic initially discussed
the use of QPGMR as adopted authority, I didn't feel it necessary
to outline a perferred security strategy.

The whole point of my orignal post was aimed at addressing the
use of QPGMR as the "adopted" owner and user.  I believe this
to be a bad practice that permits access to numerous system
functions beyond the role of a "programmer".

Given the flexibility of the iSeries, it is entirely possible
to achieve the same result using multiple methods. In short,
what is best suited for one environment may not be best in
another.

The simple fact is, iSeries security is complex and it would be
nieve of anyone to think that a simple structure using adopted
authority is an end-state solution.

Michael