Hi folks

The following is a mystery to us.. ? and for now, we are using a work around to avoid this problem, but does anyone have any idea why the following would occur (while using the QWCCVTDT api.
(note: this is related to a RPG native program ? not ILE programs ? all files in program are externally described, and we use this API in many programs and have not previously encountered this problem)

We have a program that reads some input files, does some processing, and outputs data to a file. The file that gets output is externally described ? and output using ?write? so all fields in file V4PROF are output. It is also cleared prior to this program running.

The first field in this output file (V4PROF) is called VVEND. It is only used once at the beginning of the program, in the *INZSR subroutine where ?0005? is moved into the field. This field name does not exist in any other files in the program. When the program runs, the first 1000 or so records are output fine (and each one ran thru the QWCCVTDT routine prior to writing the record). Then somewhere around record 1001, we have a record with a bad date, that goes thru the QWCCVTDT routine. When it comes out of the ?QWCCVTDT ? the value of field VVEND gets changed to 1005 (and stays that way for the rest of the records that get output). Since this field has nothing to do with the date routine, and no data is moved into it, except for within the INZSR subroutine where we move ?0005? into it, how can it be being changed?

Very strange? any ideas?

Some code snippets below

Thanks

Steve
   FEMPL1L  IF  E           K        DISK
   FINSRV1L1IF  E           K        DISK
   F            INSER                               KENAMEINSERC
   FV4PROF  O   E           K        DISK                      A
    *
 I*
 IAPIERR      DS
 I I            15                    B   1   40APIE01
 I                                      B   5   80APIE02
 I                                           9  15 APIE03
 I*
 I*
 I            DS
 I                                          1   6 JULDT$
 I I            0                         1   60JULDAT
 I I            0                         1   30JULCYY
 I I            0                         4   60JULDDD
 *
 *
 IPGMSTS     SDS
 I                                     *PROGRAM @PGM
 I                                      244 253 WSID
 I                                      254 263 USID

C****************************************************
C           *INZSR    BEGSR
C           *ENTRY    PLIST
C                              PARM           ACT     1
   *...
C                             Z_ADD0005      VVEND   40
   *...
C                             ENDSR
   *
   *...
C                           RESETAPIERR
C                           RESETJULDT$
C                           EXSR @DATCK
   *...
   **
          C                      @DATCK    BEGSR
  **
1113   C                       CALL 'QWCCVTDT'
          C                       PARM '*YMD'       APIP01 10
          C                       PARM DATE$       APIP02  7
          C                       PARM '*JUL'         APIP03 10
          C        JULDT$    PARM '*YMD'      APIP04  7
1118    C        APIERR    PARM APIERR     APIP05 16

NOTE: ON THE RECORD THAT CAUSES ERROR, WHEN WE PUT DEBUG ON LINE 1113, VVEND SHOWS AS 0005. THEN WE STEP THRU, AND WHEN IT REACHES LINE 1118 FIELD VVEND HAS BEEN CHANGED TO 1005
**

Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1! (Limited-time offer) http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/