From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of jfortwen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 11:22 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: I Give Up - CLP Question...

Hi Chuck
I remember doing something similar in the past!
can't you do something like this

declare text (50)
declare wtext(50)
declare temp33(33)
declare temp41(10)
declare kill40(40)

chgvar wtext(text) this should give you a text to mess with while keeping
the original value in text
chgvar temp33(text) this should put the first 33 chars into temp33
chgvar wtemp(kill40) this is where I don't know for sure but if it works
like i think should blank out the first 40 chars
chgvar wtext(temp33 *cat wtext) should give you what you want then
chgvar text(wtext) then run submit

use isdbg on the cl and watch the field values by setting breaks on each
line then advance
remember the line that's hilighted hasn't been done yet

let me know how it went!

Hope this helps !!!

             "Chuck Lewis"
             <clewis@xxxxxxxxx
             t>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  "RPG/400 / iSeries"
             rpg400-l-bounces+         <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             jfortwen=courts.s                                          cc
             tate.in.us@midran
             ge.com                                                Subject
                                       I Give Up - CLP Question...

             01/28/2004 10:43
             AM

             Please respond to
              RPG programming
              on the AS400 /
                  iSeries
             <rpg400-l@midrang
                  e.com>

OK, I'm blind or something. I've looked and looked and cannot see what is
wrong with this.

I have a command to create user profile. To get it to work properly (for a
person that does not have *SECADM authority) I have created two CL's
compiled and owned by QSECOFR. Also had to add some authority to these for
the IT user). The first one is used by the actual command and does some
other stuff (creating entries in some 3rd party applications, etc) and all
the second one does it get submitted to batch to create the user profile.

Well this works fine. The profile gets created, etc. The only problem is
the
Text description on the newly created user profile has *SPLCTL stuck in the
34th through 40th positions of the Text.

The parameters passed to the second CL all are in the user profile
correctly
except for this deal.

Here is the part of the first CL that submits the second one:

    DCL        VAR(&PROFILE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)

    DCL        VAR(&GRPPRF) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)

    DCL        VAR(&PWD) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)

    DCL        VAR(&TEXT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(50)

    DCL        VAR(&ULOC) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(20)

    DCL        VAR(&UDEP) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(20)

    DCL        VAR(&BRANCH#) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(3)

    DCL        VAR(&INITIALS) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(3)

    DCL        VAR(&SPLAUT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(7)

    SBMJOB     CMD(CALL PGM(SU036C2) PARM(&PROFILE &PWD +

                 &TEXT &SPLAUT &GRPPRF)) JOB(PRF_CREATE) +

                 JOBD(CHUCK)

And here is the submitted CL:

PGM        PARM(&PROFILE &PWD &TEXT &SPLAUT &GRPPRF)

 DCL        VAR(&PROFILE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)

 DCL        VAR(&PWD) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)

 DCL        VAR(&TEXT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(50)

 DCL        VAR(&SPLAUT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(7)

 DCL        VAR(&GRPPRF) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)

 CRTUSRPRF  USRPRF(&PROFILE) PASSWORD(&PWD) PWDEXP(*YES) +

              STATUS(*ENABLED) INLPGM(DMLIB/DMINLPGM) +

              INLMNU(*SIGNOFF) LMTCPB(*YES) TEXT(&TEXT) +

              SPCAUT(&SPLAUT) GRPPRF(&GRPPRF) +

              OWNER(*GRPPRF) ACGCDE(&PROFILE) +

              DLVRY(*BREAK) OUTQ(*DEV)

 ENDPGM

WHAT the heck am I missing here ?

The fields passed are in the correct order and field lengths match, etc.
There was never a problem with this until I had to change it to a submit to
get around the authority issue (this all came about because we are a small
shop and they want my coworker to be able to create user profiles if I am
not here.).

Thanks !

Chuck