From: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Date: 12/22/2003 2:31:44 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Skip deleted records from a file

Hi to all:

I have a very simple problem and after checking the archives (without any
clear
rout to take) I decide to let you know about it.

I have an input / primary file that I am converting into an output file.  I
have
this:

C     *Loval        Setll     MyFile1
C                   Dou       *In99
C                   Read      MyFile1                    9999
C   99              Iter
.
.
.
C     FullKey       Chain     MyFile2
C                   If        not %found(MyFile2)
C                   Write     MyFile2R
C                   Endif

C                   Enddo
 * End of program
C                   Eval      *InLR = *On

However, there is one deleted record that is copied as well into the new
file.
How I can skip this record?  I do not want to get rid of this record via
RGZPFM;
I want to be able to handle this situation in the program.

TIA,
Peter Vidal
Pall Aeropower Corp.
SR Programmer Analyst
WWW.Pall.com

"Have a very Merry Christmas and a more blessed new year 2004 and remember:
JESUS is the reason for the season."
Myself