Hi,
Is it possible to get the Object Caller (or program) that originated the
updating of the file to retireved it in the program that control the trigger.

Regards,
Cesar A.

At 02:34 p.m. 25/11/03, you wrote:
Ok, this is what happened.  A programmer has ran ADDPFTRG on the database
in question.  In their program they used the api to send an escape
message.  The id of the escape message they sent was CPF9898 which is one
of two or three generic id's that IBM has in QCPFMSG.  The text they
supplied on the message was rather crude 'Trigger error.'  Knee them in
the groin.
You should be able to do a DSPFD FILE(...) TYPE(*TRG) on that file to look
for the trigger information.  Then you can delve into that code and see
what conditions would generate that error.

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

"Willie J. Moore" <WJMoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx 11/25/2003 02:06 PM Please respond to RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

To "RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> cc

Fax to

Subject
RE: Trigger error

I did display the job log. Here is what it shows: Error found on CALL command. Trigger error. Function check. CPF9898 unmonitored by OPNAR at statement .DRVRU01, instruction X'00FD' Willie..