From: Steve Landess [mailto:steve_landess@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2003 9:05 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Select Row

>Matt wrote:

> Ren,
> Prior to V5R2 (I think this is part of V5R2), you can't do this with a
SELECT statement. The relative record number idea will only work if there
are no deleted records and you don't use a where clause which, IMHO, makes
this trick all but useless in most cases.

Matt:

I don't know about prior releases, but both of the following SQL statements
work on V5R1:

select *from cusmst fetch first 2 rows only
SELECT statement run complete.

SELECT * FROM cusmst WHERE CUNBR < 100 AND rrn(cusmst) < 10
SELECT statement run complete.

Steve Landess
Austin, Texas
(512) 423-0935