As stated earlier, the suffix on files help to differentiate between the
program name and a file name when you replace *entry plist.

Now I am all for keeping source in one physical file.  Well, at least all
program source.  I am starting to lean towards keeping all file source in
one file also.  I, too, think the suffix on a program is a waste of space.
 And if you kept your program source in QPGMSRC it wouldn't matter to
those who forget to do a DSPPGM to see if they have to look in QRPGLESRC
or QCLSRC.  This would also avoid the problem in which compiling a program
of one language blows away a program of another language.

Why am I starting to lean towards keeping file source in one source file
also?  If some of your files are defined with SQL and some with DDS (using
RUNSQLSTM) who wants to search all over for that?  However, on a
production machine (excluding strange banking rules) often the source is
not put on the production machine.  Then if there were some RUNSQLSTM for
purging records, etc., I can see maybe a separate source file for that.

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

"Bartell, Aaron L. (TC)" <ALBartell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/26/2003 03:11 PM
Please respond to RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries