Walter,

I would use a class with a method of setParameter(String) to set the
parameters from the RPG program, then use the class to call the main method
of the class you are having a problem with.  In other words:

Prototype ClassA in RPG....

public ClassA {

    private Vector parms = new Vector();

    public void setParameter(String parameter) {
        if (parameter != null) {
            parms.add((Object) parameter);
        }
    }

    public void callFop() {
        int parametersize = parms.size();
        String[] args = new String[int];
        for (int x = 0; x < parametersize; x++) {
            args[x] = (String) parms.elementAt(x);
        }
        Fop fop = new Fop();
        fop.main(args);
    }
}

Using a Vector will give you a variable size array like structure.  Using
Java to Java will resolve the problems of the variable size array for the
main method.

Mike