define the array as based. Here is an example.
?     * array definitions
     Darray            S             10    DIM(20000) BASED(PTR)
     Dindex            s              7  0
?     * memory allocation data items
     Dptr              S               *
     Dnbr_of_elems     S              5  0 INZ(10)
     Dmem_size         S              7  0 INZ
     Dx                S             10i 0
?     * allocate the initial memory heap (initial # of elements * the size
of the array)
     C                   EVAL      mem_size = %size(array) * nbr_of_elems
     C                   ALLOC     mem_size      ptr
     C                   EVAL      x = %elem(array)
?     * loop to test
?    C     1             DO        50            index
?     * does the index exceed the current # of array elements?
?    C                   IF        index > nbr_of_elems
?     * recalculate the memory heap size by adding 10 to the number of
elements
?     * and multiplying the size of the array by the new number of
elements.
     C                   EVAL      nbr_of_elems = nbr_of_elems + 10
     C                   EVAL      mem_size = %size(array) * nbr_of_elems
?     * reallocate the memory heap and increase the size
     C                   REALLOC   mem_size      ptr
?    C                   ENDIF
?     * move data for test
     C                   MOVE      index         array(index)
?     *
?    C                   ENDDO
?     * deallocate the memory utilized
     C                   DEALLOC                 ptr
     C                   EVAL      *inlr = *on

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Walter
Sr. Programmer/Analyst