From: rpg400-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:rpg400-l-admin@midrange.com]On
Behalf Of Buck Calabro
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 2:16 PM
To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: update in single page subfile

>I want to update records in subfile which
>is having thousands records(lessthan 10k)..
>reading this records is done in single
>page)...please suggest me which subfile is good
>(loadall/expand/single page)to update and

I always use expanding.  I don't use scroll bars though, which might be a
good reason to load all.

>at the same time i should lock the records without
>giving chance to others to update...how can i lock
>the records?

You really want to lock several thousand database records?  Commitment
control can do this for you, but you need to do some reading so that you
understand how it works.  There isn't an easy way to explain the details of
commitment control in an email exchange.
  --buck