I believe your problem is that you have killed the activation group of the
service program so it no longer exists but your interactive/demo program
doesn't get reinitialized so it never reactivates the service program so
it's old pointer to the old activation of the service program is no longer
any good.  I would echo what others are saying about having a reinitialize
procedure in the service program.  Or, go change something that will trigger
the auto-reinitialize that you already have built in.

Scott Mildenberger