From: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Date: Sunday, April 21, 2002 20:18:25
To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Request for CL, DDS, SQL RPG enhancements

Jon,

At 4/20/02 03:26 PM, you wrote:
>I don't understand this overwhelming desire to have CL play with files. Why

>not just use RPG? (or COBOL or ......)

Example: If I am using a CL driver, which happens to be doing most of
the work of this job stream and I need to update a flag in a file, it's
wasteful to have to create another object to maintain, track, etc. to do
this simple task. Also, processing multiple files in CL requires a similar
solution of creating another object.

-mark