On Sat, 6 Apr 2002, David Morris wrote:

> Scot,
>
> Thank you for the example, but I still
> get the same error with your code. Going
> back to my original code, it will run ls,
> but won't run something like touch. The
> touch utility does pass the
> QzshCheckShellCommand check. I am trying
> to pass something like:
>
> touch -C 00817 /tmp/test.txt

My name is "Scott" (two Ts),

I'm able to get your 'touch' to work using my example.  When I change
'command' in my example to:

           eval      command = 'touch -C 00817 /tmp/test.txt'

And run the code, the QzshCheckShellCommand will return the errror
'No such path or directory'.  :(

However, if I remove the call to QzshCheckShellCommand, the touch
_does_ work!   If I do a WRKLNK '/tmp/*'  I see a "test.txt".  If I put
an "8" next to it to display the attributes of the stream file, I see
this:

                               Display Attributes

 Object . . . . . . :   /TMP/test.txt

 Type . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   STMF

 Owner  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   KLEMSCOT
 System object is on  . . . . . . . . . :   Local
 Auxiliary storage pool . . . . . . . . :   1
   Object overflowed  . . . . . . . . . :   No

 Code page  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   817
 Hidden file  . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   No
 PC system file . . . . . . . . . . . . :   No
 Read only  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   No

 Need to archive (PC) . . . . . . . . . :   Yes
 Need to archive (AS/400) . . . . . . . :   Yes

                                                                        More...
 Press Enter to continue.

 F3=Exit   F12=Cancel   F22=Display entire field

Is this different from what you get when you use my example?  (I have not
tried it with your example, only with mine).   If it matters, I'm at V4R5.

> I get back the return code x'00000007', which
> should be b'00000000000000000000000000000111'

The touch utility that you're running is returning this code because
it can't do something.  See my previous messages, where I said some more
things about this.

Most likely (since touch works in my example) it's complaining about
not having the stdin, stdout, and stderr streams already open for it.
Usually, the STRQSH would do this...   but, if you're doing it from an
RPG program, you'll need to open them manually.

I'll dig up your example and see if I can get it to work on my system.