and are comfortable with the GPL. The
only experience I have with this is
via the Apache Software Foundation.
Their lawyers are OK with this and
they have a lot to loose. Here is
something else I think you may be
missing from the same section you
quote:

"If identifiable sections of that work are
not derived from the Program, and can be
reasonably considered independent and
separate works in themselves, then this
License, and its terms, do not apply to
those sections when you distribute them
as separate works."

If someone is uncomfortable with the
licensing of a project, they should ask
for clarification. I know that the Apache
Software Foundation does this with some
of the alternative licenses and will not
include a package that does not provide
a letter of clarification from the original
copyright holder.

David Morris

>>> WaldenL@TechSoftInc.com 03/01/02 08:38 AM >>>
David,

I understand that it's your software, unfortunately it's not your
license.
Like you IANAL, but my read on the GPL is that you are free to modify
the
code, yes, but modified or not, any work "that in whole or in part
contains
or is derived from the Program or any part thereof, to be licensed as a
whole at no charge..." So, as I read that if my application "contains"
your
code my application must be licensed free of charge. I think the Lesser
GPL
would be more applicable to your software, but that is up to you.
(http://www.fsf.org/copyleft/lesser.html)

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
President